Ben is signed up for a YMCA day camp this week. I originally signed him up thinking he needed to know what it felt like to go somewhere 5 days a week as prep for kindergarten. (His preschool has never been more than 2 days a week.) Monday I picked him up at 3:30 and he said it was too early. Then Tuesday I picked him up at 4:30 and tears were shed because it interrupted the afternoon playground session. Finally today I picked him up at 5 and got a happy sweaty boy. He doesn't want to miss a minute of scheduled fun that the other kids may have.
Today he went on his first field trip with the camp, riding a school bus to Innerspace Caverns. He had a lot of fun and clearly paid attention to the talk they were given and gave us a trip report at dinner that sounded like we were talking to a 12 year old. Complete with descriptions of a concrete retaining wall inside the cave and how the cave was discovered.
So far, so good with this camp.
3 comments:
Good for him -- and you.
Good for you Ben. Bet you will like school a lot too.
Ben is so like his parents.
Post a Comment