Monday, August 12, 2013

Tortoise escape

The kids were being babysit by a friend last night. As I parked the car I was shocked to see a huge tortoise walking down the sidewalk and road. 
I rang the doorbell of my friend's house and showed her the tortoise. She was surprised too and at this point the kids became aware of it and really excited. 
It came over to my friend's lawn to start eating grass and continued attracting the attention of bypasses. Finally a neighbor arrived who knew who it belongs to. They loaded it up into a wheelbarrow and carted him back to his backyard. 
Huge highlight for the kids. Ben said, I can't believe my eyes!




2 comments:

Dave and Rose said...

Pretty exciting. Too bad that other girl grabbed the attention in picture #2. Maybe you could Photoshop Mary's face onto her.

Merren said...

Seeing someone pushing a tortoise down the street would be very amazing too.