Friday, December 3, 2010

Mary 15 months

I missed Mary's 15 month milestone a couple weeks ago, so here is the update.

Mary's statistics are:
weight: 25 lbs. 5 oz. (80%)
height: 31 1/2 in. (75%) As I had previously thought about Ben, I have almost no confidence in this number assigned for her height. She had to lay down on the table, fought it the whole time, the nurse measured a number, looked at her chart, decided to measure again, and came up with a number 3/4 inches larger. And this is when one inch makes the difference between the 15th percentile and the 75th percentile!

Right around her 15 month milestone Mary started taking a few steps here and there. She is now up to several steps at a time, but has not started walking for her primary mode of transportation. Her balance needs some development still. And she is just a happy crawler, doesn't even seem to want to be a walker. Ben claps for her when she walks, he is excited that his playmate will be able to join in more fun soon.

However, Mary is a big climber! She always has been. I found her halfway up the recliner in the top picture here. I think she would have been able to continue up and climb up on the shelf if I hadn't stopped her.

The biggest and best news of all is that Mary's new anti-seizure medicine seems to be working. This is something that we and many others have been hoping and praying for - we now just hope that this is the answer for our little girl.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad she is seizure free. Better news than hearing she is beautiful and tall. Can't wait to play with those two over Christmas!

G'ma G said...

The seizures are gone and the happy mood is back.