Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hot town, summer in the city

We have been spending lots of time at the YMCA pool. Free swim and swimming lessons. Ben is gaining a lot of competence as a swimmer. His teacher is working on actual strokes and form with him now as he is able to maneuver himself around using doggie paddle and some underwater swimming. He loves jumping in. Mary is gaining some confidence with putting her head under, figuring out kicking, etc. Ben very much relies on his goggles. Mary has some but doesn't use them often. 
I also got a kiddie pool for the backyard. It looks especially ghetto because I don't fill it up all the way. Only about 25% of the way, maybe less. I just can't bring myself to fill it up more when our drought is ongoing. The kids have had a lot of fun in it regardless. 





1 comment:

G'ma G. said...

Good looking tomato plants.