Thursday, February 4, 2010

Little Known Facts

I have been tagged by Kristen and Erin to create a post containing 7 little known facts about me. I believe that the audience of this blog ranges from family, to high school and college friends, and current friends. So, some of these facts may be known to different groups, but here it goes:

1. I have big feet - I wear a women's size 12. Mostly, this is only annoying because it is hard to buy shoes because stores generally don't stock that size. The one plus to being this size is that it is very close to Eric's size and I can pretty much grab any pair of shoes that happen to be laying around to use to get the mail, take out the trash, etc.

2. I played lacrosse in high school and college and enjoyed it although I was only mediocre in skills. Now, my lacrosse stick is in my closet, largely untouched for 10 years. Maybe one of my kids will try out the sport and I'll get to throw a ball around again.

3. We met Mary's godparents at a bar (the Broken Spoke) in Austin in 2007. Eric and I had a table with some extra chairs and they needed a place to sit. Who knew that we would hit it off so well?

4. I became allergic to pineapple sometime during college. The salad bar often had fresh pineapple and I ate it a lot. Then I started getting bad stomach aches when I ate it, and I still can't eat it. Too bad.... it is so good.

5. I love rollercoasters. I can't wait to be able to take the family on a trip to an amusement park!

6. I only got two B's on my high school report cards. I remember them, 9th grade US history and 11th grade English. I was (am) super-nerdy.

7. I went to a very rustic all girls camp every summer from age 10-15. Rustic as in, 1 lightbulb in the cabin and we were lucky if the flush toilets located down the hill worked. I loved it. The camp closed when I was 16 or else I would have gone there forever!

8 comments:

Chris.Erin.Grace.Andrew said...

So neat to find out little known facts about Jane! I love that you met Mary's Godparents at a bar! I met Chris at a bar and I swore I was never, ever going to meet my future husband in a bar. Ha! Great things happen when you least expect them to!

Eric said...

Hmm. I never knew.

Kristen said...

So fun to learn interesting facts about you! That was funny about the shoe thing - that would be especially beneficial in this house too b/c Sam's shoes are ALWAYS piled at one of the doors! :) Loved the story about Mary's godparents too - how cool!

Karen said...

8. You attempted to shy away from your family's love/obsession with volleyball. Unfortunately your husband is a fan.

Be happy at Appy!

Barbara said...

Your allergic to pineapple? I thought I knew you... :)

G-Pa G said...

You call the Broken Spoke just "a bar"? How about a Honky Tonk Palace?

Gm G. said...

In our Goodwin family, nerd was a compiment.

Gma G. said...

Compliment.