Well Mary's 18-month milestone has come and gone but I wanted to post her statistics for posterity.
Height: 32.75 inches (75%)
Weight: 25 lb. 5 oz. (60%) Oddly, this is exactly what her weight was at 15 months. I think she hasn't gained a lot because between 15 and 16 months her walking really took off and she's probably burning a lot more calories than she was before. But we've put her on a nutritional program of twinkies and ice cream so that she'll start gaining before her next check up. kidding.
Head circumference: 49.5 cm (>97%)
Her language has really improved lately and some of out favorite things she says are:
Are you? (looking for a toy - where are you?)
More cheese (her first sentence)
I do, I do (Mary do you want to.... instead of answering yes)
walk walk walk (when she doesn't want to be carried)
weeee (wants to go on the slide)
cookie
apple
ball
milky
wa wa (water)
book
off
up
all done
wash
bug
mama, dada, baby, me-ee (Mary), no real word for Ben sometimes calls him Buh, Ab
(she likes to point to me and say Mama, then to herself and say baby)
nose, eyes (she knows a lot of body parts but these are the ones she says)
bubble
shoes
choo-choo
car
beep beep
hot!
hat
and lots of animal noises
4 comments:
Ball. Don't forget "Ball". Funny, she can't say Ben, but she can say Ball!
Added ball to this list. We're probably forgetting several.
"bye-bye dada." I love that one. She says it while waving goodbye to Eric in the mornings.
p.s. ball was the first word after mama/dada
Post a Comment