Last week Ben turned 6 months old. It's hard to believe that he's been here for a half of a year. We had our 6 month doctor visit and shots. Ben is 18.5 lbs (75%) and 26.5 in (50%) and apparently is strangely proportioned and has a huge head 46 cm (95%). He did well with the shots. When I first went in and was just talking with the doctor I mentioned that Ben was starting to crawl / scoot around. The doctor kind of said, ok, but he was thinking "whatever, every mom thinks their kid is advanced." A minute or two later, Ben got interested in my pen at the end of the exam table and started crawling over from where he was sitting in the middle of the table. So then the doc said, "you really weren't kidding - we typically don't see this until 8 or 9 months."

In addition to feeding him rice cereal we started carrots (doesn't really like) and green beans (likes!) last week. His top 2 teeth are really through and visible right now. You can see them a little in the carrots picture below.
1 comment:
I am convinced that no orange vegetable tastes good. Now that Ben has confirmed that applies to carrots, I'll be waiting to see what he thinks of yams and sweet potatoes.
Nice pics -- I don't think his head is too big!
Post a Comment